Monday, May 2, 2011

The Most Delicious Bagels

Photobucket

  I decided after finding the wonderful English Muffin recipe I needed to find a Bagel recipe that was equally delicious. I found one on Saveur's website (of course); the only problem, I soon found, was the Barley Malt Syrup. I searched every store I could think of and after a month, finally found it at Whole Foods Market (I would have looked there first, but the closest one to me was 60 miles away). 
  So, I began my adventure in bagel making with incredible results. I decided to add some of my THRIVE Blueberries to the dough (1/4 c. rehydrated with water poured off, and 1/4 c. still dry). I had to add about 2 tablespoons more flour than the recipe called for, to account for the additional moisture. I also sprinkled raw (Turbinado) sugar on the tops of the bagels after removing them from the boiling water bath. I now have what I have dubbed "Blueberry Crunch Bagels", and they're divine!



















2 comments: