Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm In Heaven!

Photobucket

  If you're like me (until about 15 minutes ago) and have never had the pleasure of eating a fresh croissant straight from the oven, you're seriously missing out!
  I've always wanted to try making croissants, but thought croissant-making was one of those "arts" better left to trained professionals. Boy was I wrong! The process by which croissants are made is time-consuming, but so incredibly easy. If you hate spending $6 of a package of 4 croissants as much as I do, I would highly recommend giving this recipe a shot.
  I split my first croissant-making adventure into 2 days so I wouldn't be totally over-whelmed. I followed a recipe I found online almost to the letter (they tell you to prepare an egg wash and then never tell you what to do with it; so I followed my instincts and put it on when I thought I should).
  I didn't think I could handle making croissants this first time and trying to photograph as I went (not to mention, I was afraid I'd go to all the work just to have them flop), so I will make them again VERY soon and give you the step-by-step breakdown of the process (recipe included).
  So...stay tuned and I'll follow up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment