Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm in Trouble

Photobucket

  I'm afraid one of my sisters has gotten me on to something that is soon to become a new obsession; Whoopie Pies. I'll have to get her to share her recent recipe discovery of a Vanilla Whoopie Pie with Raspberry Mascarpone Filling. The recipe I decided to try is a Chocolate Whoopie Pie with Salted Caramel Buttercream Filling...DELICIOUS! I have only one complaint; it needs double the filling. So the next time I make these little bites of heaven I will be doubling the filling recipe and making the cookies slightly smaller so you can taste more of the filling. The filling is so good, in fact, I will probably be using it in some other favorite recipes; like sandwiched between layers of chocolate cake that have then been frosted with a chocolate fudge frosting. YUM!
  I made the pies much larger than I should have because I was crunched for time, but here's the end result.

Sorry the lighting is so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment