Tuesday, May 24, 2011

THRIVE Sour Cream Doodles

Photobucket
 This is a Shelf Reliance recipe I've been wanting to try and finally got around to. I'm not a fan of Snickerdoodles, don't know why, but I never have been. Because this recipe has sour cream instead of cream of tartar, I thought I'd give it a shot. So glad I did. This is a wonderful recipe! Now, I know some of you are thinking "I don't have THRIVE ingredients" or "I'm not bustin' out a brand new can of THRIVE Powdered Sour Cream just for some cookies". I'm sure this recipe will still be good with regular store-bought ingredients. So try it out. And if you like it, you might just want to get some of this fantastic THRIVE Sour Cream Powder; it's on sale for just a few more days!

Sour Cream Doodles

Makes 2 dozen  •  Prep time: 15 min  •  Total time:  30 minutes


1⁄2 cup THRIVE® Butter Powder (reconstituted with  2 T of water)
2 tablespoons THRIVE® Whole Egg Powder (reconstituted with 4 T of water)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1⁄2 cup THRIVE® Sour Cream Powder (reconstituted with 1/4 cup water)
1⁄2 teaspoon THRIVE® Salt
1⁄2 teaspoon THRIVE® Baking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoon THRIVE® Baking Soda

2 tablespoons THRIVE® White Sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

  Preheat oven to 400˚F
  Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Add ½ of the flour and ½ of the sour cream; mix well. Add salt, baking powder, baking soda and last half sour cream. Add remaining flour slowly until desired texture is achieved.
 Roll into balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake on greased cookie sheet (my preference is a Silpat or parchment paper) for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment