Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Busy Day

Photobucket

  If you didn't already know, you are about to find out exactly how big a food nerd I really am. For my birthday I asked for (and received) a pasta maker and ice cream waffle cone maker. Of course I couldn't let even one day go by before trying out my new toys. I never got around to making last week's Ragu Bolognese so I made it tonight with homemade Tagliatelle noodles...Delicious! I also made waffle bowls to go with ice cream for dessert.
  I followed the directions for the Tagliatelle to the point where you cut the noodles, at which point I used my pasta maker to do the cutting.
  I was having a hard time figuring out how to pinch the point of the waffle cones in order to keep the ice cream from dripping out, and since I was pressed for time, I opted to drape the hot waffles over a dish and create bowls instead. Sorry there are no pictures, we had my in-laws over to join us and I didn't want to hold up the meal. Not to worry though, I will be making both things again and will flood your computer screen with mouth-watering photos.
  Everything was delicious and well worth the time and effort. With a little time and experience I should be able to get really fantastic results. I was amazed how easy this all was. If learning how to make homemade pasta or waffle cones is something you're interested in, I would highly recommend it. There's something very satisfying about making my own pasta and the flexibility I have now with making spinach, tomato or whole wheat noodles.
  On to the next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment