Thursday, April 14, 2011

Photobucket

  Thank you to my children for their help with the cookie project. -Somehow we managed to get by without the house looking like a tornado of powdered sugar blew through it!

  The English Muffins rose better and turned out tastier than the last time I made them, so they were totally worth the effort (half of them will be going in the freezer for on-the-go breakfasts.)

  A couple things regarding the cookies...can I just say "WOW"! They are absolutely delicious (my guess is the homemade jam knocked them over the edge). 
  Don't worry about refrigerating the dough (It didn't make a bit of difference in rolling them out and I just don't have that kind of patience. When you want cookies it's now, not 4 hours from now!).
  And if you don't have parchment paper...not a problem either. When the first batch went in the oven I realized I had forgotten to line the pan with parchment. When they came out, however, they looked great and slid right off the pan, so I decided not to waste my $4 a roll parchment paper for the other pans.
  
Now to tackle the Hollandaise!

1 comment:

  1. Just gorgeous! The english muffins look just like the ones I made. So much better than store bought. And as for the cookies... All I can say is WOW. Yum Yum double yum. They look like too much work for this lazy girl though.

    ReplyDelete