Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A completely random recipe

Photobucket

So this is completely random, I know, but as I was doing laundry today I realized I am about out of laundry soap. I was given the following recipe by my cousins' wife (thank you Brooke); since then I have not purchased store-bought laundry soap. This recipe averages about $10 and lasts 3-6 months doing 6 loads of laundry per week. A HUGE savings over pre-made detergents-I hope you enjoy the savings as much as I do. And yes, this recipe can be used in front-loading machines because it does not create suds. The other thing I love is that I determine my own fragrance based on the bars of soap I choose to use. My babies tend to have sensitive skin at birth so I use Dove soap to help with the sensitivity. Enjoy!


Homemade Laundry Detergent

76 oz. box Borax
2 55-oz. boxes Arm and Hammer Washing Soda (not baking soda)
2 bars Soap, grated (I use my food processor with the grater attachment)
1/3 c. Oxi Clean

Use one tablespoon per load.

No comments:

Post a Comment