Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Photobucket


Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I know my family and I sure did. Unfortunately with all the excitement I neglected to get pictures of Easter dinner. I did, however, get a picture of the delicious cheesecake!

The crispy treat adorning the top is a "Honey Lace Cookie". 
The recipe is courtesy of Martha Stewart. I do have a word for the wise; only put about 6 cookies per baking sheet because they really spread! The topping is homemade blackberry syrup.

Sadly in all the commotion I somehow mixed up my days. The baby shower cupcakes that I thought were for Easter Saturday are actually for this coming Saturday the 30th. So, after baking 2 dozen cupcakes I frosted them for our family get-together on Saturday and served them to my in-laws. They were delicious, but not the Dulce de Leche cake I had promised my husband. So...now I must find a day to make the cake for him so he can get his "fix". I will post pictures of the baby shower cupcakes after this coming weekend.
I tasked myself today with trying a new recipe I found; homemade beef jerky. My meat has marinated and is now in the oven for the drying process. About 5 hours from now we should have some 'hopefully delicious' home made jerky (I'll let you know how it turns out). Here's the recipe I found. Take a look around the blog; there's some really yummy-looking recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment