Friday, June 3, 2011

Photobucket
  Sorry I've been a little slim on the postings lately. I'm in the process of preparing to launch my new blog dedicated to my other passion (second only to cooking, of course), Shelf Reliance. I made the decision to split the two when I realized there was just so much information I wanted to get to my readers. I'm working out a few technicalities at the moment, but hope to have the new blog up next week!
  In the mean time, here's what we had for dinner last night. Pork Carnitas tacos with tostadas and guacamole. It's soooo simple and absolutely delicious.


  My cheater version (I have an actual from-scratch recipe I follow when I have the time and ingredients, but this tastes fantastic as well and is faster!): Place a 3-5 lb. pork roast (bone in or out) in a crockpot on high; pour salsa over to cover. Cover and cook 5 hours. Shred pork and return to crockpot for an additional hour. Transfer shredded pork and some of the salsa juices to a jelly roll pan. Broil 5 minutes. 
  Serve in corn tortillas with shredded lettuce, shredded cilantro and a squeeze of lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment