Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Praline Pecan Cookies

Photobucket

  I decided to do a little experimenting yesterday. I receive Martha Stewart's "Cookie of the Day" e-mails (are you surprised?), and the one I got yesterday sounded delicious but like it needed something more. Here's the original recipe. Here's what I did differently:

-In place of the 3/4 cups pecans, I made half a batch of Pecan Pralines by using this recipe from Paula Deen. I did make a change to the praline recipe however, by using chopped pecans and spreading the mixture on a silpat-lined baking sheet so I'd have smaller bits for my cookies. I used 1/2 cup pralines in the cookies and still have enough pralines to munch on or make another batch of cookies (which is the plan for today).


-No granulated sugar on top of the cookies. Instead I dusted the tops with a generous amount of powdered sugar immediately after they came out of the oven.

  The end result...heavenly! But hey, I love nuts; especially candy-coated nuts!

  Sorry there's no photo. My kids and I were eating them as they came off the pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment