Monday, June 13, 2011

Photobucket

  If you're wondering why I didn't post a weekly menu last Wednesday, here's the reason:

  I'm finding it a little hard to keep to the menu each week. I'm usually one of those cook-what-sounds-good-today kind of people. As I come across recipes that sound good, I find myself wanting to try them that day instead of waiting a week until the next week's menu. Like today for example, I had some pork ribs in the freezer calling my name, so tonight we're having...you guessed it, ribs!
  So, the solution-I will continue to cook tasty food and post the recipes for you to drool over, I'm just not gonna tell you a week ahead anymore!
  You'll soon notice a change to the page titled "Weekly Menu Wednesday" too, so keep an eye out.

Sweet 'N Sticky Babyback Ribs

For the rub: (optional):
1 tablespoon mild paprika
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Place all rub ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.

BBQ Sauce:
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. + 2 T. brown sugar
1 T. brown mustard
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. lemon juice
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. honey + 1 T.

Throw all sauce ingredients into a saucepan and stir on high heat until it starts to boil. Remove from heat.

  Coat ribs with rub mixture.  Place ribs on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cover ribs with additional foil; fold the foil over the ribs and seal making a sort of tent to lock in the moisture, while not touching the meat. Cook at 275 degrees in the oven for 3 hours (or alternatively on a grill off direct heat).
  Remove ribs from baking sheet, baste with sauce and place on a hot grill. Cook 10-15 minutes or until sauce begins to caramelize. 

  The rub is courtesy of my brother and the sauce my sister (both fantastic cooks in their own right).

No comments:

Post a Comment