Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Quick Blurb

Photobucket

 I thought I'd do this quick post for those who have ever thought about participating in a co-op, but aren't sure how it works or how to get started. I participate in "Bountiful Baskets". I have always liked how smoothly it's run and how fresh the produce is. I personally have never purchased the bread, but my sister-in-law swears by it and loves that a slice is only one "point" on Weight Watchers. Here's the link to the website and here's a link to the information they have for new participants; they have drop-offs all across the country now (when I started there was only drop-offs in Utah).




  You'll notice there are two baskets side-by-side, both are yours for just $15 (plus $1.50 handling fee)! Here's what was included in today's basket:
2 lb. red grapes
1 1/3 lb. broccoli
1 1/2 lb. carrots
2 lb. nectarines
3/4 lb. head lettuce
1/2 lb. red chard
3 (4 1/2 lb. total weight) butternut squash
4 1/3 lb. canary melon (This is a new one for me. Looking forward to trying it)
3/4 lb. tomatoes
3 lb. bananas
2 lb. red pears

  My retail price estimate (if I were to wait and purchase each of these items only at their best possible sale price) was about $25. That's a $10 savings!
  If you have any additional questions about this co-op or co-ops in general, leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment