Monday, July 18, 2011

A Breakfast Treat Sure To Disappear!

Photobucket

  If you've been following this blog for long, you know how much I love breakfast food. This recipe is for a treat I had long forgotten about, but recently remembered while having one of my sisters stay with us. I like to make these as a side to scrambled eggs so I can feel better about eating one (or two, or three) of them.

Vanishing Breakfast Rolls

1 container refrigerator biscuits
1 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
8 marshmallows

  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  Flatten each of the biscuits on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Roll marshmallows in melted butter, then cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place a marshmallow in the center of each biscuit; pull ends of dough up around the marshmallow and seal tight (if you don't seal it very well, the marshmallow will ooze out of the biscuit and you will lose the effect); do not get sugar on edges of biscuit or it will not seal.
  Place in oven and bake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.

  I had a blast making these with my children over the weekend. Imagine their surprise when they bit into their biscuit to find the marshmallow had "vanished"!

No comments:

Post a Comment