Friday, November 18, 2011

Pumpkin Custard Profiteroles

  I am admitting to the world today that I have a small love-affair with pumpkin. Have for quite some time. I love anything with pumpkin; pumpkin pie, pumpkin roll, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cheesecake and now, most recently, Pumpkin Custard Profiteroles!
  I came across this recipe on Bon Appetit and just had to try it. I love profiteroles (better known as cream puffs), and knew in an instant I'd love them filled with pumpkin custard (I mean really, what's not to love?) Boy was I right! These are fantastic! I will admit, I did not have maple sugar nor am I a drinker, so I did not make the "Maple Caramel" called for in the recipe. I did, however, top the profiteroles with a caramel of my own. I also folded half a cup of lightly sweetened whipped cream into the custard just to lighten it up a bit, and then did not top them with whipped cream.
  However you decide to make this delicious treat, all I ask is that you make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment