Thursday, November 10, 2011

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

  The marathon wedding cake decorating has begun. My friend's wedding is Saturday, and I have already begun the process of baking cakes, making fondant etc. They chose carrot cake as the flavor for their cake top. Because we are doing just a 4" top, there is a lot of batter left over. What better way to use up that batter than to make cupcakes!
  I must say, there has never been a recipe in my life, that I have not shared with someone (or everyone). The recipe for specialty cakes however, I will be keeping to myself. The recipe dubbed "Special Cake" by my grandmother, was created over 30 years ago. She began using it when she and her siblings started a wedding catering business. Her "Special Cakes" rival any bakery cake I have ever tasted in my entire life (and I've had my fair share of cake), and most often is better! My great-aunt's un-buttercream recipe that tops those cakes is the "icing on the cake" (figuratively and metaphorically speaking.)
  So, I will allow you the opportunity to drool over these fantastic Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Whipped Cream-Cream Cheese Frosting, and dream of a day when you might have the pleasure of trying one yourself (insert evil cackle here)!
  In the mean time, I will at least share the cupcake frosting recipe:

Whipped Cream-Cream Cheese Frosting

4 oz. cream cheese
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. While beating, slowly drizzle in whipping cream (stopping often to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl) until light and fluffy (2-4 minutes).

As a side note; because of the wedding, I will not be posting for the next few days. Don't worry though, as soon as I'm able, I will have pics of the wedding cake posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment