Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm Behind Again!

  As my sister Michelle so kindly pointed out yesterday, I've fallen behind again. I will let you know now, I am prepping for the wedding of one of my other sisters (I'm doing the wedding cake and food for the garden reception), so my posts may be few and far between over the next couple weeks. I do have some new recipes to share today, though.

 
  These were even more delicious than I thought they would be. I wanted to try them simply because they sounded good. I was a little hesitant, however, about the amount of honey in the recipe giving the cookies a distinct honey taste instead of a rich, delicious brownie flavor. I was wrong. The honey gave it just the right sort of bite.
  I also decided to try doing half the batch rolled in sugar and the other half sans-sugar. I was concerned that the combination of lot's of honey and a cookie rolled in sugar would be so overwhelmingly sweet, it would be hard to eat just one (ultimately it turns out that might not be so bad, as I ate 4 cookies last night alone).Wrong again. We ended up loving the sugar-covered cookies, and the plain ones as well. All-in-all a great cookie choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment