Tuesday, August 23, 2011

On The Grill

  My in-laws have been providing us with fresh veggies from the garden (since our garden did not fare well this year). One thing I've been wanting to try is grilled red potatoes. Now, I have thrown potatoes on the grill with kebabs and whatnot, but I wanted to try grilling them straight-up. Here's what I did:

  Place whole, washed red potatoes in a pot of boiling water; boil 15 minutes. Remove potatoes from water and let rest until cool enough to handle. Slice potatoes in half. Using a pastry brush, coat potatoes in Meyer Lemon Olive Oil. Sprinkle with dill, salt and pepper. Place potatoes cut side down, on a hot grill; cook on low 15 minutes. Brush potatoes with additional olive oil and grill 3-4 more minutes. Delicious!!!


Photo Credit-jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com
  Because last night was family night, I also made a delicious treat! My sister has been raving about cookies she found on "Jamie Cooks It Up". Here is the link to her recipe for "S'mores Cookies". They were absolutely fantastic! I would suggest making half a batch at a time, however, as we found they were much tastier warm rather than room temperature. These are a very rich cookie, but very yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment