Monday, August 22, 2011

Mardis Gras Bridal Shower

  Let me begin by apologizing for my lack of posts over the last few days. I am about to make up for my insufficiency, however, as I have a multitude of recipes to share. One of my little sisters got engaged a couple weeks ago, and this last Saturday we through her a "Mardis Gras" themed bridal shower. We chose Mardis Gras because she is using peacock colors (blue, green and purple) for her wedding colors, so we opted to stay with the color scheme. The shower turned out great, and the food even better! This was our menu:
        Cajun Canapes 
Photo credit-Taste of Home




Black-eyed Pea Salsa

King Cake   
  Everything was absolutely delicious! For the salsa, we did cut the red onion by 1/2 and use a dash of garlic powder instead of the fresh garlic (none of us likes a lot of garlic in salsa). We also decided the salsa would be fantastic with diced avocado as well.
  Each of these recipes will be made again for sure!



1 comment: