Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Recipe Share

I thought I'd share a couple new recipes I've tried recently. In no particular order:

Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella-Jamie Cooks It Up 
  Absolutely Delicious!

  I used this as a sauce for Angel Hair pasta. I omitted the garnish, and instead sprinkled my pasta with parmesan. I also added a little of the pasta cooking water to loosen up the pasta and used balsamic vinegar instead of red wine. Also delicious!

  I'm not sure if it's just me, or what, but every time I make this the sugars in the caramel seize on me. To solve this problem, I just scoop everything into my blender and puree it until it's smooth again. Try warming the cream in a saucepan with the vanilla bean-it won't seize quite as bad, but be sure to remove the bean before adding the cream to the sugar mixture. This caramel is absolutely heavenly. I have served this as an apple dip and also on top of vanilla ice cream along side a slice of warm apple pie. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment