Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Something Decadent, Yet Light

  After coming across this fabulous mascarpone cheese recipe, I have been trying every recipe I can find that uses mascarpone. My most recent find is a Blueberry Mascarpone Sherbet. This recipe is fantastic, but could be even stronger on the blueberry flavor. The next time I make this, I will cut the water and use only 1/2 cup (maybe even 1/4 cup) water to bring the blueberries to a boil.
  I served my sherbet with these delicious Brown Butter Almond Shortbread Cookies (just swap the pecans for almonds). I would have made the recipe as-is because I love pecans, except I realized I was out of them.
  
  You could very easily make this with raspberries and have a red sherbet for Valentine's Day and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter for your shortbread.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment