Thursday, January 19, 2012

Biscoff Crunch Ice Cream

  It was about 20 degrees here and snowing the other day, when suddenly I got the itch to make ice cream. I came across this recipe a couple days ago for Homemade Ice Cream without a machine. I've tried recipes before that taunted me with claims of not needing a mixer, only to be disappointed with the outcome of the ice cream. This recipe however, intrigued me because of it's use of sweetened condensed milk. I've been on a Biscoff craze lately, so I decided to take her recipe for Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Ice Cream and make Biscoff Crunch Ice Cream. In place of the Nutella I used 1/2 cup Biscoff spread, and substituted 6 crushed Biscoff cookies for the peanut butter chips. I let the ice cream freeze over-night so the flavors could really develop. I have to say, I'm pleased with the outcome. The ice cream is incredibly creamy, almost to the point of having a whipped cream texture (which is essentially what this is). The odd thing about it is that it doesn't really melt in your mouth or in your bowl like ice cream does. The ice cream as a whole reminds me of Gelato, except without the melting part. I loved the flavors of the Biscoff spread and cookies coming together in an ice cream. I also love the idea of not having to use a machine. I will have to try making another batch of Biscoff Crunch Ice Cream with a different ice cream recipe and try making the machine-less ice cream recipe in another flavor.

  All-in-all, quite tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment