Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Biscoff Double-Chocolate Chip Cookies

  During my time trying to master Liege Waffles, I got sucked into a new obsession-Biscoff Cookies and Biscoff Spread. Speculoos Spread really is my true obsession, but until it becomes available to purchase in the states, Biscoff Spread with my own addition of crushed Biscoff Cookies will have to suffice. Biscoff Cookies can be found in the cookie aisle at nearly any supermarket (I bought mine at Walmart because the price was the best). Biscoff Spread can be found in the peanut butter aisle or international aisle at select supermarkets. None of my local supermarkets carry the spread, so I will be picking it up at a "Fresh Market" store about 30 minutes from me.
  I have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe (Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies), which I also use to make White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies (my dad's favorite). I substitute the grated Hershey Bar for grated white chocolate chips, then use white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
  With Biscoff Cookie cravings looming over me, I decided to use my chocolate chip cookie recipe to make Biscoff Double-Chocolate Chip Cookies. Check out my recipe below.
 
 Biscoff Double-Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
½ c. Unsalted Butter                          20 Biscoff Cookies, crushed very fine
½ c. Margarine                                  1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 c. Sugar                                         1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 c. Brown Sugar                               ½ tsp. Salt
2 Eggs                                              1 ¼ c. Chocolate Chips (half semi-sweet, half white)
1 tsp. Vanilla                                     20 Biscoff Cookies, coarsely chopped (to add crunch)
3 c. Flour                                         
                                               
  Cream together butters and sugars, just until blended. Blend in eggs and vanilla just until combined. Add flour, finely crushed cookies, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix just until combined. Add chocolate chips and coarsely chopped cookies and mix just until combined.-The secret to a chewy cookie is not over-creaming or over-mixing the ingredients.
  Scoop cookies onto baking sheets; bake at 375 degrees for 11 ½-12 minutes (you want to remove the cookies from the oven when they are still slightly under-cooked. Let rest on cookie sheet 1 minute before removing.  Makes approximately 44 cookies. 
 
  These cookies turned out heavenly. I was still a little wanting in the Biscoff flavor, so I think my next attempt will be at incorporating Biscoff spread into the cookie as well; sort of a take on peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, but with Biscoff. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment