Thursday, August 30, 2012

Raspberry Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Italian Meringue Buttercream


  Quite a title huh? I was in the market for a really tasty cupcake to celebrate the birthdays of some very special ladies. I wanted something I hadn't tried before and something not chocolate (one of the ladies isn't a chocolate eater, crazy I know). I came across a recipe from a wonderful blogger, whose blog is loaded with elegant pictures of delicious-looking food, for Raspberry Cupcakes. I did not have the xylitol called for in the recipe so I swapped it cup-for-cup for regular granulated sugar.
  I was in the mood for something more than the vanilla buttercream she frosted her cupcakes with so I began scouring the internet again and came across a recipe for Italian Meringue Buttercream. I've made this type of buttercream before (remember the Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Salted Caramel Buttercream) and loved it. Further into her frosting post she mentions variations on the buttercream, one of which is subbing brown sugar for the granulated sugar. This was it! This cupcake came out better than I could have hoped for. The cake was incredibly light and the frosting complimented it perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment